Loading

Any questions? (+39) 090 981 2894

The Aeolian Archaeological Museum

  • Lipari
  • History

Map

enlarge map
       
The Museum was founded in 1954 by luigi Bernabò Brea and Madeleine Cavalier, internationally renowned archaeologists and authors of the main research on the aeolian islands . it consists of five halls: the prehistory of lipari and the Greek foundation of lipara; the prehistory of the smaller islands; the Greek and Roman period; the epigraphy; volcanology and land of man and environment . The museum also includes a library of art and archaeology; the former church santa Caterina for exhibitions and conferences; the former hostel which houses a permanent exhibition on the history of the excavations and the Museum, a lecture hall and a reading room; the former prison .

Near: Where to eat

0.3 km
Restaurants
0.1 km
Restaurants
0.2 km
Restaurants
0.3 km
Restaurants
0.2 km
Restaurants
0.2 km
Typical Restaurants